A concise reference, commentary, and textbook on canon law intended for Catholic clergy and lay ministers and those preparing for ministries in the Catholic church. In addition to the pertinent canons of The Code of Canon Law, it includes citations from liturgical, ecumenical, and other important laws of the Holy See, as well as decrees affecting the ministry from the conferences of bishops of the USA and Canada. Arranged topically, rather than by canon, the reader can easily consult any topic desired. The commentaries aid the student and the minister in their understanding and application of the law in the pastoral setting.
Among the new features of this third edition are:
- Revised and expanded commentaries
- Particular laws of the USA and Canada
- New universal laws, including:
- The new General Instruction of the Roman Missal
- The motu proprio of Pope John Paul II on general absolution
- The instruction on the collaboration of clergy and laity in ministry
- The instruction for privilege of the faith cases.